Fire guts Niger govt’s permanent secretary office

By Priscilla Campbell,

The office of the Permanent Secretary in Niger State Government House has been razed by fire.
The inferno, it was gathered, started at 12:30pm on Tuesday November 12, 2019 via a wrong electrical connection.
It was however gathered that efforts by staff of the Government House failed until the officers of the State Fire Service came with three fire fighting trucks to put out the fire.

But before their arrival to the office, which was under renovation, all office equipment and sensitive documents had been burnt beyond recognition.
It was however observed that there was no fire fighting truck stationed at the Government House in case of emergency.
It took the fire fighting personnel 30 minutes to bring the situation under control.

Speaking to journalists at the scene of the inferno, the Deputy Controller of the Niger State Fire Service, Salihu Bello, explained that the quick response by the fire fighters reduced the level of damages caused by the fire.

On why there is no fire fighting truck at the Government House, Bello said, "it is as a result of government policies; but we are making arrangements to have a fire fighting truck here."

News Category: